The 2024 Lunar New Year is approaching quickly. Our goal at MacroFab is to assist our customers to be well-prepared to meet their end-user needs with minimal disruptions. The global interconnected nature of our industry, however, requires some pre-planning to achieve this.
As factories in the APAC region shut down to observe the holiday, electronics manufacturing in other parts of the world will shift accordingly. Here are the changes Lunar New Year will bring to MacroFab:
- MacroFab will be open during LNY to quote and process orders
- Standard and Budget tiers will see longer lead times beginning January 8th for standard and beginning - January 3rd for budget
- 10-Day and Fast tiers will have their usual lead times and provide two price points for getting timely orders
To navigate this period effectively, we have some recommendations that can help you place your orders at the right time so your product will arrive on time. Extended lead times will gradually normalize as we move closer to Q2. Until then, consider
- Planning Ahead: Place higher volume orders immediately to make certain you receive your order as soon as possible.
- Placing a Partial Order: Use the 10-day or Fast tier to place partial orders to get what you need more quickly in conjunction with a larger, slower order for ongoing needs. Maintaining smooth output with limited cost increases is possible with this strategy.
- Reaching out to our Team: MacroFab's expert team will know how to plan the best approach for your specific situation, resulting in minimal delivery delays.
Delays Happen Worldwide
It's important to keep in mind that Lunar New Year delays happen around the world. When companies that usually manufacture in APAC look for other options, capacity elsewhere fills up instead. As overseas supplier options disappear, domestic procurement options become busier, and hard-to-find (or even more common) components may become scarce.
Don't let this happen to your business. MacroFab will remain fully operational throughout the Lunar New Year festivities, ensuring your projects stay on track without delays. Get your orders in for Q1 before the end of the year, and start 2024 ahead of the competition.
Reach out to our sales team now to take advantage of holiday discounts.
As we approach the Lunar New Year, which starts on February 10, 2024, it’s important to remember a shift in Asian electronics manufacturing.
This event has the potential to impact supply chains in America, as the festivities necessitate closures of factories and businesses throughout East Asia.
Golden Week, a seven-day national holiday in China that begins on October 1st, can notably affect both regional and global PCBA manufacturing.
MacroFab offers comprehensive manufacturing solutions, from your smallest prototyping orders to your largest production needs. Our factory network locations are strategically located across North America, ensuring that we have the flexibility to provide capacity when and where you need it most.
Experience the future of EMS manufacturing with our state-of-the-art technology platform and cutting-edge digital supply chain solutions. At MacroFab, we ensure that your electronics are produced faster, more efficiently, and with fewer logistic problems than ever before.
Take advantage of AI-enabled sourcing opportunities and employ expert teams who are connected through a user-friendly technology platform. Discover how streamlined electronics manufacturing can benefit your business by contacting us today.