Parker and Stephen discuss the Cloudlifter mechanism in use to help enhance the sound of this podcast, what phantom power is and what it actually does.
Discussion on USB-C, EU chargers, tech, Slack GUI, government regulation, tech innovation and reverse polarity.
Dead on Arrival for high end GPUs. Why do so many consumer electronics not have reverse polarity protection?
September 25, 2019, Episode #191
- Founder of Rheingold Heavy and Manufacturing Reports
- Is passionate about education, and works every day to demystify technology and teach how to measure the world around you
- Rheingold Heavy and Manufacturing Reports is Dan’s effort to provide the community materials he wished he had when he was first getting started in electronics and technology
- Also drove a forklift for a living and suggests you should give it a try
PCB Manufacturer Reviews
- What is Manufacturing Reports? Brief overview.
- What is Rheingold Heavy and how did that evolve to form Manufacturing Reports
- PCB Manufacturers Reviews
- What Criteria do you look at?
- Things like “How good does it look” are subjective. How do you eliminate this?
- Is there a test PCB?
- Has a PCB manufacturer come back about all the “interesting” features
- What things are on the test pcb?
- Why HASL?
- One criteria I would like to see is resistance to reworking
- Board house modification
- Did you notice any of the board houses making changes to your pcbs?
- What is one of the worst PCBs you have ever seen
- What is next?
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!