MacroFab Engineering Podcast #191
Fork Lift Adventures Narrated by Daniel Hienzsch
Bil Herd - Back Into the Storm
Bil Herd led the hardware design for the Commodore C128 and Plus4 Series of computers in the 1980’s and currently co-hosts a weekly webcast.
The Simplest SMT Component… In The World
Stephen’s CNC steps closer to being completed! Parker receives a newsletter that has the simplest SMT component in the world.
Taking Pictures with Magnetic Flux
Two major topics this week! Major Box Truck updates and a flashback when Parker was introduced to digital photography through the Sony MVC-FD5.
MacroFab Engineering Podcast
eBooks & Guides
MacroFab Platform Help
September 25, 2019, Episode #191
Daniel Hienzsch of Rheingold Heavy and Manufacturing Reports joins Parker and Stephen to discuss PCB manufacturing and low cost vendor choices.
- Founder of Rheingold Heavy and Manufacturing Reports
- Is passionate about education, and works every day to demystify technology and teach how to measure the world around you
- Rheingold Heavy and Manufacturing Reports is Dan’s effort to provide the community materials he wished he had when he was first getting started in electronics and technology
- Also drove a forklift for a living and suggests you should give it a try
PCB Manufacturer Reviews
- What is Manufacturing Reports? Brief overview.
- What is Rheingold Heavy and how did that evolve to form Manufacturing Reports
- PCB Manufacturers Reviews
- What Criteria do you look at?
- Things like “How good does it look” are subjective. How do you eliminate this?
- Is there a test PCB?
- Has a PCB manufacturer come back about all the “interesting” features
- What things are on the test pcb?
- Why HASL?
- One criteria I would like to see is resistance to reworking
- Board house modification
- Did you notice any of the board houses making changes to your pcbs?
- What is one of the worst PCBs you have ever seen
- What is next?
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!